FORGET FOREVER. I'M THANKFUL FOR TODAY.

In the past few months, God has placed many amazing girls in my life. Girls that I'm lucky enough to call my friends, to share my secrets with, to hug and snuggle and watch depressing movies with (a true test of friendship!). Some of them I've been friends with for a while, and we've grown closer. With others, I hardly knew they existed and what's this? Sleepovers and phone calls and texts and all that jazz!

If there's one thing I've learned with making friends (and keeping them!) it is that nothing lasts forever. No matter how many promises you make, forever isn't really achievable, not in this sin filled world. And so, I'm just grateful that I have today with these new, precious friends. And I'll leave tomorrow and next week and forever up to God. I mean, He's been working on this forever thing for like, forever.

I'm glad God doesn't always give you what you ask for,
because these girls far exceed what I prayed for.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. After a few months of being basically friendless, I began praying that God would bring me a few good friends like that and I've acquired some of the sweetest, most precious friends in my life. There's nothing sweeter than good, Godly friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the sweetest, most wonderful person on this planet. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.