Thumb people painting

I'm calling this the thumb people paiting. But promise me this : You wont laugh at my awkward looking thumb people? If you promise then keep reading.


Now, I do NOT claim to be an artist. While I would love to be one, there is not one artistic gene in my body. Its just not my thing. I sort of have to be content with looking at other peoples art and enjoying it. When I saw this painting in some peoples house, I thought for sure this was something I could do. It didn't require too much. I can draw weird little faces okay (or so I thought.) I had a canvas so I was set.
 All in all, its actually quite cute. I am hoping everyone else I draw turns out much better. Here's how you do this: you need a canvas, paint and a thin sharpie. Simply paint your thumbs (and a few other fingers) and make prints all over. Try to fill as much up as possible. I am noticing now that some one my people are sitting on on soon to be people. Then when its dry, start drawing funny little people.
I think I used a 1/2 inch canvas.
I went with a bunch of bright colors, but I think this would be really sweet with more monochromatic colors. Like violet. Or pink. or aqua!

Let me know if you make this!

8 comments:

  1. I know where you got that idea. The Mearig's. ;) But I really like yours! (especially the chef!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My angel was such a fail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think so. It looks really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bandit guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one with a bandana? He was supposed to be a sheriff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheriff, bandit, same thing! He looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I did a cave man and a pirate too.

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.