Today's...ahem...Celebration

Well, my girl is still out having fun while I am singularly stuck home alone all by myself with nothing to do but work and pack, and no one to talk to but Kryn's punk. So, I figured I would take over the celebrating today just to pass the time. Then I checked to see what the celebration for the day was. Wowza. Did I pick a winner of a day to celebrate, or what?

It just so happens that my childhood friend, Ree Drummond, posted a recipe on her blog that is perfect for today. They are called Knock You N*ked Brownies. I would just call them yummy myself. Maybe we should call them Knock Your Socks Off Brownies. There, I like that much better. Now I can share the recipe without anyone blushing. Enjoy!

Here is what you'll need:

  • 1 box (18.5 Ounce) German Chocolate Cake Mix (Duncan Hines is a good choice)
  • 1 cup Finely Chopped Pecans
  • 1/3 cup Evaporated Milk
  • 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk (additional)
  • 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
  • 60 whole Caramels, Unwrapped
  • 1/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, chopped pecans, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and melted butter. Stir together until totally combined. Mixture will be very thick.

Press half the mixture into a well-greased 9 x 9 inch square baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside.

In a double boiler (or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water) melt caramels with additional 1/2 cup evaporated milk. When melted and combined, pour over brownie base. Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.

Turn out remaining brownie dough on work surface. Use your hands to press it into a large square a little smaller than the pan. Use a spatula to remove it from the surface, then set it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for several hours. When ready to serve, generously sift powdered sugar over the surface of the brownies. Cut into either nine or twelve helpings, and carefully remove from the pan.


WARNING: You may not want to make these when you are singularly stuck home alone all by yourself with nothing to do but work and pack, and no one to talk to but someone's punk. Unless, you're hungry for a whole pan of gooey, chocolatey decadence. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.