EIGHT-FREAKING-TEEN


Ironically enough, my 18th birthday surprise party will go down without a doubt as the most undocumented event in history.

Have you ever had one of those days where you just totally and completely overthink one little tiny thing a boy said?

Well that was me on the day of my surprise party this year. I probably would have caught on had I not been caught up in my own self woe. My friend invited me over ("girl, you just need to talk it out....and also not be at home so your family can get ready for your surprise party!") (she left out the last part) and naturally, I didn't want to disappoint!

I came and talked and vented and we laughed at how silly I was being and went and ate salad. And then on the way home, her dad wanted to stop at the beach! Which was weird but at that point everything was weird so it didn't raise my off fleek brows. Lo and behold, SEVENTY of my closest friends came out to surprise me, shower me with hugs and make me feel infinitely special. If that doesn't make a girl's heart happy, I don't know what could!

In closing, I would like to state that my phone did not lose a percentage of battery the entire party. Which might prove how much fun I was having (and also why there are no photos.) And in case you were curious, the boy problems got resolved in the best way possible. Don't you just love it when you freak out over absolutely nothing? Being a girl is so great.

(i actually really mean that.)

Birthdays Past:
14 // 15 // 16 // 17 //

2 comments:

  1. girl! what friends they must be. and I didn't even wish you happy birthday...sorry 'bout that. happy 18 pretty lady! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I should get the title of wingman except for a girl if u know what I mean

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.