I don't like to complain, it's not in my nature to dwell on negatives or spend any time moping about the past. I move on quickly, for better or for worse. But last month was hard. December was painfully discouraging, disgusting and equally depressing.
And yet, it was still so good.
On this particular day, this day of happy tree hunting on the 19th of December, I loaded up Jenn and James in the truck and pronounced it to be Christmas Tree day (with a side of Starbucks of course!) And they happily went along with it. They faithfully followed me up and down each aisle as I meticulously inspected every Douglas fur
This past month has been hard, yes. But through it I've been reminded (or even, made aware of) how many amazing people God has placed in my life. The "I know its one in the morning and I know you have a boyfriend but I needed to call you and make sure you're okay" kind of phone calls are ones you'll never forget. The random texts from online friends that are so simple but so meaningful. The friends who let you come over on Christmas eve, Christmas day and still invite you over the day after that, man what a lucky girl I am.
And so, I love these pictures. Because they remind me that I'm very well taken care of and that Christmas has less to do with tree's and traditions and more to do with the people you pick out tree's with and the people whose family traditions you invade.

KRYNNIE I LOVE U SO MUCH AND IM SO GLAD WE GOT TO SPEND CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS DAY TOGETHER AND THAT WE WERE HUMILIATED BY MY GRANDMA IN PUBLIC TOGETHER
ReplyDelete