KRYNS GUIDE TO RED LIPS


It's really a shame that we all can't be Taylor Swift.

I'm not even a huge Swift fangirl or anything, but I think there must be charming things that come along with being Taylor Swift (1. popularity 2. good parking 3. photoshop) Oh, and being able to rock a red lip!

I used to be under the impression that you had to be T-Swift in order to wear red lipstick...sucessfully. But it turns out you don't have to be! You can just be yourself and get lipstick on your teeth and die of embarrassment later. But I wouldn't know from experience.


B L U S H I N G   B E A U T Y

This one is great for when you're just dipping your toes into the hypothetical waters of red lipstick. On the softball field, at church, this one is a versatile color. And the tube has polka dots on it I mean HELLO. #turnon

(Benefit Bene Balm. $18)


R E D -  Y   O R  N O T  
When you want to be like Taylor Swift but without the commitment of a color that requires you to check your teeth every 24 seconds (been there, done that). These glosses are great (I'm on my 5th or so) and this color is no exception. Looks great with black, pearls and a little bit of sass.

(NYX Butter gloss in Cherry Pie. $6)


T H E  R E A L  D E A L
Okay so once you've mastered the lip balm and the lip gloss, it's time to graduate from Red Lip Academy and move on to bigger and better and bolder and brighter things! Always have a mirror or camera phone ready for mandatory lip stick checks! Just make sure to do it when your crush is not looking....see there's more to the art of wearing lipstick than meets the eye!

(Revlon Lipstick in Love that Red, $8)


There you have it! The little army of red lip products that can lead you to a life of song lyric fulfillment.

Is there anything more to life?

"And I've got that 
RED LIP CLASSIC
thing that you like"

nope.


2 comments:

  1. I've bought red lipstick from the dollar store - just to see if I was brave enough to wear it. However, I think I'm confident enough to move up to the T. Swift/Kryn level. Thanks for the guide, I might be daring and go with the Revlon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course you can sport red lips, everyone knows you rock everything you wear!!! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.