We're only getting older baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?
(I thought that today, of all days, One Direction Lrycis would be appropriate. )
Walking back into class after a break, my friend Tricia mentioned not wanting to cut her hair. Being the only advocate for short hair in our circles, I demanded to know why she wouldn't just go for it. Because she said, we graduate so soon! It won't grow out by then. I brushed off her excuses (Hair Grows! Its so far away anyway! It doesn't really need to be long either!). I could forgive her for prejudice against short hair....but I couldn't forget the fact that graduation is closer than I realize.
I turn 18 this year. Which by law means I'm an adult. By the worlds standards I am capable of making my own decisions. By my mothers standards I should be able to clean my room in a reasonable amount of time. As a child I always assumed that the older you got the more life made sense, the easier things got and the more you felt sure you were making the right choices.
But no! Every passing day life confuses me more, I'm not sure about anything really and the choices I make? Heck, I can't even decide what to order at McDonalds! (besides a sweet tea Do I want to go to college? Go Overseas? Pursue underwater basket weaving?
13 months till graduation, which seems like a split second eternity. 13 months to trust in GODS plan for my future, not my Pinterest infected view of reality. Either way, I hope it involves sweet tea from McDonalds. Because as of today, that's the only thing I'm sure of.
“It's about a girl who is on the cusp of becoming someone... A girl who may not know what she wants right now, and she may not know who she is right now, but who deserves the chance to find out.”
No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.