I guess it's a tradition to find some sort of pun or something for places we travel to (The Juan You Love, anyone?) Anyway, puns aside let's talk about San Francisco!
My love affair with San Francisco began on my bed, of all places, while I was no doubt wearing my cool print pajama pants (which have long since been sent to Goodwill). I was busy plowing through easy reading books for the library summer reading program (gosh, I miss those!) and the Julie books were in my stack. And I don't know if it was the flare jeans or the fortune cookies, but those silly books have had me wanting to travel to San Fran (and the Hippie era, thank you very much!) since good ol' 2009.
And so, my irrational love of San Francisco and the hippies who inhabit it was born! Hippies have come up serveral times here on the blog (Hippie Vans! Hippie party! Hippie Haven! oh my!)
So obviously you can see why setting foot on San Francisco soil was such, a big, deal.
▲▲ Yay for cliché! Nothing like a touristy photo to set the mood for a post of touristy greatness! Contrary to the faux smile I had going on, I was kind of miserable at that point so I don't think I really appreciated the bridge as much as I should have (My excuses are that I was hungry, freezing and my feet were bleeding. Yes?)
So, dreams do come true! And while I didn't get to see Julie and Ivy running around with their fortune cookies and flare jeans (shouting hippie catch phrases, of course) I did get to see SF and that's pretty much all a girl could ask for.
ps: feel free to browse the hippie hashtag. (thank you, I think I will!)
pps: sarah, you still should have won the costume contest! #hippiesarenotfair
pps: sarah, you still should have won the costume contest! #hippiesarenotfair
You should've posted one of the snapchats where your hair was going all over the place! Haha, those made my week.
ReplyDeleteOh, my costume was da bomb, don't know what those hippies were thinking! #cruelhippies
oh my gosh, YES! you saw the "full house" house? jealous..... haha, I have the whole series and am proud of it! =D
ReplyDeleteoh that's so fun.! the full house, house. ok so that's overly-cool. :) x
ReplyDeleteBut did you wear flowers in your hair? (I hope you know who asked Andy and me this question ...)
ReplyDelete