Get your fiesta on

It's only appropriate that today we use as many Spanish words as possible. After all, its Cinco De Mayo! Which first makes me think of Mexicans in sombreros shaking maracas and then makes me think of mayonnaise. Scratch that. It makes me think of mayonesa. I'm just trying to be authentic here people. My favorite color is rosa. I ate too much pastel today. And pastel is not chips and salsa. I would have said so because there is no use making chips and salsa fancy. It is just chips and salsa. It does not need to be jazzed up. No need to say you're having crisped tortilla pieces with spicy tomato brucheta dip.

I didn't do anything ferociously Mexican today because I was busy being amazing, being award awards and getting incredibly nervous in front of lots of people. But don't Mexicans get nervous...I mean nervioso? I think so. I'm just being a true Mexican then. I also love how I use being amazing and getting nervous in the same sentence. They don't totally go together.

One more thing about Mexican people: First of all, if you are a Mexican, you live in Mexico. If you lived in Mexico but live here now you are an American. You may have a great heritage or whatever, but you left it behind. Now you are American and there are no special benefits and you don't get catered too. Where's the bonus for 5th generation white American women? It doesn't work that way. If you live here, you are an American and you should be proud of it. End of Story.

Second: Mexicans, keep the accent to your self. Do we really need to hear "tortilla" like "tortiLLLLia"? Nope. Same goes for you Italians. Yes Giada. That's you I'm talking too.

 That's all I have to say about todays celebración. I got out my little rant about Mexican-Americans which ALWAYS bothers me. I don't really know why, but it really does. As I have really said....realmente.
HAPPY CINO DE MAYO!

Sincerley,

 Me gustan los elefantes de color rosa.


PS: Si usted está leyendo esto, usted engañado.

PPS: The whole reason I sat down to write this post was to tell you I've updated my goals. There are way more. But at the time my memory was failing me. But now everything is up and here's the link for you to go look. Wish me luck on this months endeavors....Muchas gracias!





2 comments:

  1. You changed your background! Why? It's cute, though (I liked your other one, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just wasn't what I wanted. It was a little weird too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.