It wouldn't be a true winter break without a lack of posts and then a post months later that's as long as a child's Christmas wish list. Due to the stress of finals, it hardly felt like Christmas until...after Christmas? It will definitely be an adjustment for the next couple years. Trying to cram in Christmas festivities while also cramming for finals doesn't really work out too well. Ho-Ho-Homework, but I digress.
Still, I had a magical winter break. And I got to wear a coat more than once! Firs time for everything.
WINTER BREAK I LOVE YOU
GARDNER GINGERBREAD GAMES...
Chelsea (that cutie right there! ^^^^^) is a gem of a friend for a million different reasons. A couple days before finals, and during some extra stressful circumstances, she threw a little Christmas gingerbread party that was literally one of my favorite memories from the semester. Christmas Music, cheesy christmas movies and a healthy dose of friendly competition was the perfect escape from finals madness.
DECK THE ART DISTRICT....
I hardly remember this day because it was the day after my finals, aka my brain was literally fried but mom and I went to explore the Bishop Arts District before heading out of Dallas. Apparently every other photographer in Dallas had the same idea because we walked through at least 10 shoots while we were exploring. Sadly none of the professional photographers asked me to model for them but maybe next time?
THE BEST WELCOME BACK SUNSET EVER....
If you know me, you know that there is really nothing I love more than sunsets on my island. I have a particular spot I go (it's actually a dentist office? but a cool one.) and the night i got back the sky was ON FIRE and my heart was soaring. Jesus just knows. He knew my soul needed a shimmering sunset and wow, did He deliver or what?!
CHRISTMAS IN FLORIDA....
Spending most of the Christmas season in a different state. In fact, it really didn't even feel like Christmas until I came home to the humidity. Little things I never thought about before, like the decorations downtown, were suddenly the things I missed most. It was wonderful to be back in the festive familiarity of it all!
Reggae got me this mug and overtime I use it here at school, it reminds me of home and how much I love that state. Florida is hot and stuff but wow, I love it.
FESTIVITIES AND FRIENDS...
I'm terrible at remembering to take group photos but I seem to have a knack for planning large ice skating gatherings each Christmas. I think this is our 4th year and honestly I never want it to end. Another thing I don't want to end? My streak of not falling is still going strong and if that stayed the same forever, I wouldn't be too mad.
ALERT! We have a new coffee shop in town! It's only taken us 2502 years to join the modern world and enjoy coffee and coffee shop vibes somewhere other than Starbucks. Though there's a little less millennial pink than I prefer and not enough white walls to suit all the Instagram photos we white girls want to take, I think our town is off to a great start and I'm excited to see what the future holds(...and also to try their coffee...because I was cheap and didn't buy any hahaha.)
Andrew and I went to Star Wars and even though we had no idea what was happening the entire time and our favorite part was actually the credits, we had an amazing time. It's lovely that we can go on movie dates without the accompaniment of our siblings, parents, grandparents and so on. Growing up is a beautiful thing, kids.
Break is actually just short for breakfast dates because that's literally what I did everyday. So many people to see, so little time! I got to catch up with Jack, who played volleyball with me in high school and who now plays at a school in Texas! I love that no matter what, we're always in the same state. And then another morning we ate breakfast and then went wedding dress shopping because we are all obviously in deep, committed, blossoming relationships....or not. Single, Engaged or forever alone, you can't deny that wedding dresses are pretty and we had a grand time perusing through the gowns.
But then we all decided we are never getting married because wow, wedding dresses are expensive!
Think of all the breakfast food we could buy with that money. Waffles over weddings, but I digress.
JK I LOVE WEDDINGS. Just not paying for them. Going for free is fun! And seeing friends get married is even better and sweeter than any kind of layered wedding cake. Regan and I went to a wedding together on New Years Day, so it was fun to go on the 30th as well and reminisce about all thats changed, what has stayed the same and the fact that wedding cake is still our favorite food.
PASSION...
I've wanted to go to Passion in ATL since I was 16. (For those of you who don't live in our little christian bubble, it's a conference put on by Louie Giglio...who you also probably don't know if you're not in the Christian bubble but anyway. It's basically like church on steroids for 4 days.) I went with my church group and while all of the situation wasn't ideal (bus breaking down, freezing weather, a terrible cold) God was still working and it was an amazing weekend.I'm definitely still processing everything we learned, even a month later. I'll share more on the topic when I fully process. So probably in about October?
Regan and I were left alone on the bus at night for 2 hours to guard all the belongings HAHAHA. They couldn't have picked two skinnier, muscle-less girls but alas, we fought off all the bad guys and managed to record a cringy bus tour in the process. I love being a woman.
I'm not going to lie, it was hard to leave Florida after winter break was over. Hard to leave the warmth, the familiarity and the stress free days behind. I'm happy to be back in Texas but feel even more confused than ever on where home actually is.
(I'm more confused about how to dress for 18 degree weather though! PLS HELP.)
XOXO,
Freezing and From Florida.





























No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.