Books about Jesus that aren't the bible


When I began walking with the Lord, let it be known that I had NO IDEA what I was doing. Being raised in a Christian home didn't even truly prepare me for the what was to come. The beginning steps of my faith were so shaky and timid...not because I didn't trust but simply because, 
I didn't know where to start. 

Being a Christian is the best thing ever. But also, it's a little daunting. There's so much to learn, so much wisdom to glean and an endless amount of glory giving stories to be heard! And while I should preface this by saying that the bible is hands down the best place to start, there are other books that the Lord used to encourage me in my walk and help me to grow closer to him. Maybe you're unsure of your footing, like me. Maybe the endless amounts of christian books and blog posts seems daunting. I get it! But if you're like I was, a girl searching and yearning to fall even more in love with The God of the Universe, then you might like these books as well.

But like I said, the bible is always the best! :)))

PRODIGAL GOD // TIM KELLER
(buy it here)
Read this book if: You want a new perspective on a classic bible story.

UNINVITED // LYSA TERKURST
Read this book if: you need to hear an encouraging story about not fitting in at the world's table.

 GOLIATH MUST FALL // LOUIE GIGLIO
Read this book if: You have things in your life that you just can't seem to face. Even if you can't think of any giants at the moment, I promise that reading book will reveal a couple

THE END OF ME // KYLE IDLEMAN
Read this book if: You want more of God in your life and less of you

GARDEN CITY // JOHN MARK COMER
Read this book if: you're burnt out of school or tired of working and need a refresh and a new understanding of working in this world for the Lord.

THE PATH OF LONELINESS // ELISABETH ELLIOT
(a great valentines day read ;) .... buy it here!)
Read this book: if you're single, married, dating or fully committed to carbs. Good for everyone!

GOD HAS A NAME // JOHN MARK COMER
(buy it here)
Read this book if: YOU WANT YOUR FAITH TO BE CHANGED. I read this book over spring break and you guys, it's insane. It gave me a total new outlook on God and who he really is. If you read any book from this post, PLEASE let it be this one. And if you're too cheap to buy it, lmk and I'll send you mine because it's that good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.