Do you ever just go somewhere and feel COMPLETELY out of place? Normally that feeling for me is reserved specially for the gym, I'm always a fish out of water where workouts are involved. That being said, I experienced that feeling in a totally new setting while in Dallas. Located right near SMU, Highland Park Village is brimming with designer shops, couture grocery stores and parking lots that resemble those of an Audi dealership. Normally I love to slide my way in to an expensive area, pretending (even if it's just for a moment) that my reality of college student isn't true and that I can actually afford all the $8 latte's my heart desires.
Unfortunately, that isn't the case.
And also unfortunately, I couldn't even find a way to feel like I fit in at Highland Park.
Too many Nike swooshes on ladies dressed to the nines in athleisure. Too many judge mental looks....so what if my bag is from old navy! Sorry I got a better deal than you! Too many overpriced gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free desserts. It was all just a little too much for me.
We took our cupcakes and ran to the nearest park, and while it was still in the Highland Park vicinity, it proved to be much more peaceful and felt a lot less pressured to put on a perfect facade. I can only pretend to be rich for so long!
Like, 5 minutes. My bank account doesn't allow for much more than that.






No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.