We serve a God who has no borders,
a God whose love is not limited by language,
and a God who relentlessly pursues a relationship with each soul on Earth.
I have traveled quite a lot, but this was the first trip where I had a purpose beyond taking instagram photos and trying new pastries. And even though I ended up with both of those, it was incredibly rewarding to be a part of the global church and share the love of Christ with others.
I nearly backed out of this trip 100 times. First of all, I had to leave my house at 3:30 am, which is a pretty ungodly hour for a mission trip, if you ask me. And then weird friendship dynamics had left me feeling less than enthusiastic. But as usual, all things worked together for good...and for God's glory! My roommates (which you may recognize!) were wonderful, the circumstances and experiences softened my heart and gave me a fresh perspective. And I also fell in love with Tostone, a really hot guy who also, occasionally, goes by fried plantains.
....and also that America has amoeba free water. More posts and a whole lot of Tostones to come!
I have traveled quite a lot, but this was the first trip where I had a purpose beyond taking instagram photos and trying new pastries. And even though I ended up with both of those, it was incredibly rewarding to be a part of the global church and share the love of Christ with others.
I nearly backed out of this trip 100 times. First of all, I had to leave my house at 3:30 am, which is a pretty ungodly hour for a mission trip, if you ask me. And then weird friendship dynamics had left me feeling less than enthusiastic. But as usual, all things worked together for good...and for God's glory! My roommates (which you may recognize!) were wonderful, the circumstances and experiences softened my heart and gave me a fresh perspective. And I also fell in love with Tostone, a really hot guy who also, occasionally, goes by fried plantains.
THERE IS POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
And that power is evident in my life here and also in our work in the Dominican. I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to experience that power in a whole new way. So grateful that His name can break every chain.......and also that America has amoeba free water. More posts and a whole lot of Tostones to come!


No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.