Well, that was interesting.



Each season of volleyball, I learn something news.

And ironically, that something is NEVER about volleyball.

The fist year I learned about Christ,
The second year I learned about myself,
This year, I learned about people.

Halfway through the season, it hit me like a ton of bricks. The game isn't what's important, the passing the setting the (attempted) spiking. I'm fairly positive that 30 years from now I'll forget that one amazing save, or that (very!) rare time we all actually did the ace cheer.

But, I know I won't forget the girls I played with.

That put it into perspective for me. Its not about the game happening on the court, it's about the girls playing the game. And in my case, it's a relief to know the stats will eventually be forgotten, but how we treat others? Not so! We're stuck with that for record for all of eternity.

Moral of the story: Play with Grace, Play for God.

Also, shout out to my JV baes, because lets face it! I'm JV at heart!

ONE: 3 teams this year = happy homeschoolers!
TWO: Abberdoodle, my true love!
THREE:  In which Jessie and Jackie flaunt their long arms
FOUR: The best part of the game: when it's over!
FIVE: My BCDS girl. Benji approves. 
SIX: In team photos, it only matters if you look good!
 Am I right, or am I right?

1 comment:

  1. This is so true!! I love the memories we've made this season!

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.