TO PARIS, FOR A MOMENT.

It's a funny thing, the whole song-nostalgia deal. The night before Paris, the night before the most incredible few days of my life, was a flurry of scarfs, tights and accordion music. I was dancing around my room, twirling in my new hat and dreaming of macaroons with music from Paris (ahem, youtube) as my soundtrack.

I had forgotten about my little escape until a month or so after Paris, and I remembered in Walmart (of all places!) Whilst searching for a birthday card (a fruitless search, as far as cards are related) I of course had to test every musical card ever created. But I found one, one with a Louis Armstrong song, a song I listened to the night before Paris, a song I heard multiple times while in Paris. And all those macaroon dreams and Paris butterflies came right back in an instant.

Thus, a play list! Because I read somewhere, that Paris is a state of mind! And nothing could be better than some nostalgic and perfectly Parisian music. So let's go to Paris for a moment, shall we?



5 comments:

  1. it's so fun to see that you where right in my "backyard", so to speak! i do miss metro signs, they are quite romantic…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your Paris posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah. beautiful playlist, pictures and writing. music, especially certain songs, have always described times in my life. the simple sound or piece of a song instantly transports me back to a different time.
    listening to the playlist and looking at the pictures, i could feel it and imagine walking down the beautiful streets of paris. i have never been and i'm not one of those girls thats crazy over going, but its definitely on my list of places to go.
    thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris looks absolutely beautiful! You capture it so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are being nojaleestic. ;)

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.