It all started with a sappy movie....

It has been one of those weeks that has been essentially terrible. Not to say it isn't laced with wonderful things, but the general mood has been dreary. Of course, thanks to typical teenage raging hormones, everything seems worse. But I don't know, it's been one of those weeks where you just want to cry for no reason at all.

And so, I did.

At a friends no less. Without waterproof mascara, no less. I knew it would find a way out somehow, and apparent I just needed a hallmark movie to shove me along. I cried an ugly cry and I couldn't figure out why.

After my mascara had made it to my neck, I realized that it wasn't about the mom with cancer or the little girl whose house had just burned to the ground. It was about me and my life and everything that's been going on. And that my inner house was burning to the ground as well.

Yesterday our drama teacher asked us to look at the person next to us. Andrew and I raised our eyebrows and laughed a little. And then she said that we may not know what the other person is going through, that we'd never know by how they acted what they were struggling with. And I don't know whats really up in Andrews life, but heck, I know he as no idea whats going on in mine. Not to say something awful is brewing, I've just had a lot on my mental plate and in my heart.

Today I intend to watch another sappy movie and see if I can't get the rest out. Feel free to join me, as there will be plenty of chocolate involved in the heart healing process.

Above all else, GOD IS GOOD.

And all the time, He is good.


"Is your place a small place? Tend it with care; He set you there. Is your place a large place? Guard it with care! He set you there. Whatever your place, it is not yours alone, but His who set you there."

5 comments:

  1. I love you! <3 And we look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you, my friend! and if you need cry with someone over facetime i'm here, or send me a text! miss you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen.
    we never know what is going on in anothers life.
    that is one little problem that i find in the blogging world. we have a tendency to share the happy, beautiful and fun photos and pieces of our lives. what we're inspired by and the good things that are going on lately. it makes others lives seem so perfect and fun, where really, they may be anything but.
    thank you for this interesting post. i totally understand what you're saying.
    many times i've cried over a book or movie for a reason not exactly related to the story line :)

    ~Abigail
    http://sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there a lot, crying for absolutely no reason at all (or an unknown reason I'd only figure out later.) But sometimes a movie and chocolate are the perfect emotional aids. ;) Enjoy your next sappy movie, and have a lovely rest of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRL ok I needed this. and you set it on my heart. to press on and to realize that no one knows what goes on in my heart...and I don't know what goes on in theirs. I hope you are back up to a happy place. and I know everyone has those weeks, those days. sometimes it is just with life, sometimes situations or times in life. but as you hit it on.the.head. God is good...all the time! xoxo (ps I have to ask...what two hallmark movies are involved in this? ;)) love youuuu! x

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.