I think for once in my life I won't be joining in the chorus of "I can't believe it's 2014!" Because I can and I've been wanting it to be next year since forever (at least February). I began the year with all kinds of grand plans but all those changed (Thank goodness, since they were probably really lame anyway.) I couldnt quite put what I was feeling into words, and someone I follow on instagram said it what I was thinking, only so much better.
Boy, did that sound cheesy or what?
anyway! here are my goals for the year! Last year I did a list and that was fun and dandy, but this year I wanted them to be a bit more streamlined and simple. Thanks to my bestie Pinterest I found this fresh and invigorating idea...here ya go!
A BOOK TO READ//// This one is funny, since normally I don't read. But actually I've begun to read! Which is pretty incredible considering I have not picked up a book out of my own free will in years. But I would kind of like to migrate from fluff books to something of substance. So Pride and Prejudice it is. That counts, right?
A NEW SKILL TO LEARN//// One day I decided I wanted to play the ukulele, and I've pretty much been obsessing over it ever since. But I have found that it's hard to learn to play a uke without actually HAVING a uke, so this one might be tough. We shall see!
A PERSON TO BE MORE LIKE//// I think the best version of me I can possibly be. Because sometimes She (me!) acts like a monster and it's kind of embarrassing. But the REAL me is caring and kind and thoughtful and fun and I just need to be those more often.
A GOOD DEED TO DO//// send care packages! I know know several people who deserve a little love, and I hope to give them just that.
A PLACE TO VISIT ///// Oh, so many! But if possible, Peru and (wait for it..) Paris. Shocked ya there, didn't I?
A BAD HABIT TO BREAK///// Well it's kind of hard to pick, so I'm just gonna do a simple one. It's easy to skip bible study when really IT'S SO CRUCIAL. This year, stop skipping the good stuff girl! God's the only one who has brought me this far and the only way I can make it any further.
A LETTER TO WRITE//// in 2014 my goal is still the same, 100 letters. To friends, loved ones and maybe strangers. And me!
SOMETHING TO DO BETTER AT////Again, I'm being kinda generic, but my art! Art (photography, writing, blogging, painting, music and soap carving) are all things I love. Improve my lettering, learn to draw, be artistic and BE PROUD. oomp.
Ready or not, 2014 is HERE! And I'm ready to have a grand year.
What about you friend? What goals are you working toward this year? Let's make this year a good one.



for some ODD reason I never even read this. and like all the rest I like this. no but really these are great goals & aspirations! plus i'm full on-board w you on the reading one. ;) xx
ReplyDelete