THE GREAT CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR!

Oh where to start? Emily and I have the funniest friendship. And ever since I moved back, singing has been our way of expressing our love for the world and carbohydrates (the ravioli song!) So naturally with Christmas and all, a round of caroling was in order, fondly dubbed the Christmas Spectacular because it really was just that!

Okay, so basically all we did was run around her neighborhood singing Christmas songs several octaves higher than what's socially acceptable. But it was grand and we ended the night with 15 waves from strangers, 2 honks, 2 people stopping to watch and a grand finale of Deck the Halls with the kids across the street.

There has never been a merrier day than the 23rd of December. Now, for awkward photos!

▲▲ As you might notice, the lantern is a KEY element to a wonderful Christmas spectacular! Also, this is just a small sampling of Emily's collection of interesting facial expressions.
 ▲▲ And also, sparklers! Provided by our local wanna be pyrotechnic , thank you Andy for such a sparkly contribution! (or contributation as I said earlier...)

▲▲ This photo is oozing with tradition! Emily's family (my family too! who am I kidding?!) has put up this nativity scene ever since I can remember. And when I was little I would always make everyone bow to Jesus. And now I'm not little and I still make everyone bow. It's just one of those things you can't ever not do? (like eating only one potato chip.)

Thanks Em, for caroling with me, and to Emily's parents for pretending we didn't sound as bad as we did. And remember, the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is to sing loud for all to hear! As of now, Emily's neighborhood is drowning in Christmas cheer....

That's how we do  it!

4 comments:

  1. It's so funny that y'all are wearing shorts.... So funny!! Love the pics, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Your skirt is so cute! 2) You guys are so cute! 3) I love how you make people bow to Jesus! That's hilarious. 4) We went Christmas caroling last night! Twinsies!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures, and sounds fun! I love caroling (I did it on Friday) but everyone starts on a different note resulting in very unpleasant noises ;) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.