GIRLS GUSH...thoughts on Instagram comments and the like


A few days ago my brother mentioned how irritating comments girls leave on Instagram are. And I'll have you know that at that point I ran to hide in my closet. Um, i leave those comments? And um, I like those comments! On the one hand, I see it. Especially from a guy's point of view, for them it would be weird to say "You are so pretty!" and the 10000 variations that stem from it, all of which I can never remember when I'm leaving a comment so I'm just like" umm...you look nice." Awkward.

But then on the other hand, I totally get it. I get that every, single, day, girls need to be told they are beautiful. In a world full of models and photoshop (that's the worst one.) ,  it's hard to feel like you are anything special at all. I believe that every day girls need to be reassured that they are wonderful, whether it's their heart or their looks or their passion for life. Heck, I need to hear it all the time! And sometimes it's the encouragement from friends or affirmation from a stranger that helps a girl stand a little taller and feel for, even just a second, that she's wonderful.

And I don't know about you, but I'm all for girls knowing they are beautiful.

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Do you find the comments annoying or uplifting? And n the spirit of this post, here's a selfie! You know what to do....



3 comments:

  1. I don't know if you will find this irritating, especially after this post, but you really are beautiful, inside and out! Love you girly, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. so this is probably one of "those" comments you just explained. BUT that first photo... so gorgeous & lovely. and yes you are gorgeous and lovely. i think sometimes we all do need to be assured of that. not all the time, but it puts umph in yourself every once in a while! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seriously annoys me so much! Not if they're sincere compliments, but when a girl comments EVERY SINGLE TIME on girls' pictures with "OHMYGOODNESS YOU ARE THE MOST PERFECT HUMAN EVER CAN I JUST BE YOU??? 😍😍😍😍" and then the girl replies with "NO YOURE THE PERFECT ONE" and they argue about who is prettier and more perfect At that point it just doesn't seem sincere to me :) But that's just what I think!

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.