SWEET SKILLET COOKIE OF MY SOUL

I love to bake but boy do I love not following recipes so much more. I generally only cook things that don't involve recipes. Which works nicely for a lot of things but baked goods, let alone gluten free baked goods, don't always blend well with such an abstract approach.

I knew this recipe was going to be a keeper when I made it and realize HOW EASY it is. I've made it several times from memory now and each time I pop it in the oven, my recipe hating heart rejoices! No longer am I chained to a recipe or a website or a precious cookbook. This is living, friends!

Not only is it gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and GOOD, but it's also already in my mental recipe book and I'm pretty excited about that. In case you're curious to see the other desserts I've Made/been obsessed with (one in the same), here's the dessert tag.
(ALSO THE OG MUFFIN RECIPE. Oh my heart, 2012 was good to me)


// (sweet) SKILLET COOKIE (of my soul) //

i n g r e d i e n t s :
1 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/3 nut butter (almond, cashew, sunflower, coconut, peanut, whatevs!)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 egg
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

chocolate chips, amount is up to your sweet tooth

STEP ONE:
mix everything.

STEP TWO: 
Bake at 325 (I use an 8x8 well greased pan)
for about 19-25 minutes.
(it's technically supposed to be made in a cast iron skillet
 but we city folk have to improvise.)

STEP THREE: 
(the most difficult step)
let it cool before eating.
(i know, ugh)


e x t r a  n o t e s :
*you can swap out the flour for any gluten free flour
 Tapioca flour, coconut flour, almond flour, whatever.*

*make it vegan by substituting the egg for a chia egg*

*use dairy free chocolate and you've got yourself a delish dairy free dessert*

*chopped up fancy chocolate works well too!*

*I normally add extra flour. I like my cookies to 
match my makeup, nice and cakey.*

*bake time varies, keep an eye on it.*

*in case you were worried or curious, it is totally acceptable to eat a 
cookie for breakfast, lunch and dinner.*
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.