But let's be real, it actually doesn't.
Working at Chick-Fil-A isn't easy or relaxing but it is pretty wonderful. And in December our boss took us all to Sea World for free, which made up for all the months we had to pay for break food. I guess another reason I'm documenting this here is because this was actually the first time I EVER went on a roller coaster. It only took me 19 years to make it on one without crying hysterically.
The interesting thing about working at Chick-Fil-A, affectionately called "Christian Chicken" or "Chicken Youth Group", is that 80% of the employees are not Christians. I'm actually in the minority there. It's never been an issue, but it's also kind of something we don't talk about at work. That all changed as we buckled in to go up on the first roller coaster. I told the girls next to me "Just so you know, I'm a Christian so I'm probably going to be praying out loud the whole way down." They laughed.
Sure enough, first thing out of my mouth after the big drop?
It wasn't a blood curdling scream.
just a "JESUS SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!"
Thankfully Jesus pulled through and I made it through 3 rides and what do you know, it was fun! Should have paid for the photo though because my praying face was PRICELESS. Such a fun day though. You think that we'd be sick of one another after serving chicken together 24/7 but actually, I wouldn't want to go with anyone else.
Chicken forever.
XOXO,
Kryn.






No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.