It all started on January 1st, 2015. I walked into my closet and as I was deciding what to wear, I also decided that I would renovate my entire closet that day. It was one of my more successful choices (because I ended up staying in my PJ's) and now finally two years later, my room is complete.
A labor of love, nail holes and a whole lot of motivational chocolate.
Keep reading for the scoop!
Back when I began the closet overhaul, this was my vision for the room. Unfortunately my DIY style is "RIGHT NOW OR NEVER!!!!!!" so I have no before or after photos of either my room or closet (though you can see them throughout older blog posts. Example here, here and here. Oh, and this gem!)
I was sick of the blue, but not sick of color in general. So my closet ended up a peachy pink (basically the same as the inspiration photos) and 2 years later, my room finally was released from blue that was cute but then suddenly wasn't.
The reason I have this as Part One is because my bed situation hasn't been figured out quite yet. I'm debating between a couch that doubles as a bed (but I refuse to say futon so no, don't ask) or just getting a regular bed. I'm leaning toward the couch idea as of right now because I literally hate sleeping/takingnaps/being in bed so having a big comfy bed isn't really important to me.
Having a cute pink couch seems way more important!
At the rate I'm going at, the couch/bed situation will be solved in about two years. So, come back in 2019 to see the final result of operation Palm Beach Chic.
As for now, I'm enjoying the fact that everything has a place and that my room finally has good lighting for selfies.
#goals #blessed.
LINKS!
Standing desk: Ikea
Mirror: Ikea
Cabinet system: Ikea
Frames: (you'll never guess!) Ikea
HI print: Hobby Lobby
Wooden Crates: Target
Inspiration Images: the depths of Pinterest.






No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.