MERRY, MERRY MEMORIES.


It seems that every year I only get around to writing about Christmas things....a month after Christmas. What can I say, I guess I just love to extend the celebration a bit further! So you can't really be mad at me for that, can you?

HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY JANUARY?

Something like that.





CALM, BRIGHT AND WHITE.
Last year you may remember that I loaded (or rather abducted) a couple friends and we went to pick out our evergreen beauty. This year the same thing happened, only it was different friends and we went to Walmart at 11pm and bought a white tree. I did a lot of debating; white or real? pine needle scent or plastic? Obviously you see which choice I went with.


We've had a weird year over here. And It didn't feel right to have the usual green Christmas tree when it it's been an unusual year through and through. I thought the white would be a nice change and it was such a good choice. Even my brother, who could care less about basically everything when it comes to holiday decor, commented on how nice the tree was.

It was different, new and fresh
(well, as fresh as a plastic tree can be. You get my point.)
and just what we needed!

TENDER TIMES IN TAMPA
One weekend I went to Tampa and had the most grand time. It was right after finals and so relaxing. And I got to see my cutie patooti of a friend Amanda Wiggins and we chatted over london fog's as though no time had passed...when in reality it had been a year and 2 months since we were last at Oxford Exchange.

And then I drove past a giant cow on the way home so like, that's what that photo is for. It made the Chick-Fil-A employee in me cringe and shout with joy, all at the same time.



ROCK(hard Christmas cookies?)ING AROUND
 THE CHRISTMAS TREE

I watch a lot of cookie videos on Facebook. I also watch a lot on Instagram. Also buzzfeed. And since I have zero talent in that area and also zero use for extravagantly decorated sugar cookies in my life, I haven't made any till now. And though my cookies looked pretty good on instagram too, the kitchen was a disaster, our fingers stained red and green and the cookies ended up getting a little too crispy in the oven. But all in all, it was a successes because Torrey and I hung out and we got good photos. ;)

Because who cares if the cookies are crispy, I can't eat them anyway.
#glutenfree
#glutenfreeme

ANUAL ICE SKATING!
It's a tradition! Every December I gather my buds and we hit the ice for a couple hours of skating to Christmas Music. It's our favorite day because it involves wearing winter clothing (not a thing in december in Florida) and scoping out the latest "who-likes-who" scene. I'll be honest, this year's wasn't quite my favorite but that's okay. I'm still glad I planned it, we went and that our figure skating routine was a great success.

(You can see previous trips to the rink here and here)
`
SNOW FLURRIES AT SWAN HOUSE
We went to Atlanta right before Christmas and had just enough time before the 3pm sunset one day to swing by the Swan house. It was freezing, but also decorated in the most Christmasy way so the cold weather made the occasion extra festive. Did I mention we snuck in? And a legit professional photoshoot was happing just to the left of the above photo? Moral of the story: There's more to what you see on instagram.

Also, IDK if you're a true fan or not but this is the house used for the presidents mansion in The Hunger Games. I'm not even ashamed to admit that THG is my teenage girl guilty pleasure. Those stairs man, they're hallowed ground. It's not every day you walk where Josh Hutcherson has walked!

#ONEFLESH
(its a joke. also a bible verse?)

And we ended the holiday season with a January 1st wedding. I have to say, I think I want to attend a wedding every year on New Years because it was such a fun and joyful day to ring in the new year. 
How can you be mad about anything at a wedding!?! Well, I was kind of mad I didn't take home more cake but you know, it's the little things.

Autumn and Patrick's wedding was 100% Autumn and Patrick, complete with a horse drawn carriage, and Lord of the Rings Music. It's crazy to me that we're entering the season of engagements and weddings and such. Basically everyone I'm friends with on Facebook got engaged over the holidays, so it looks as though this is the start of new season...one that involves couples, kissing and the best part- ALL THE WEDDING CAKE!

The sparkler send of was my favorite part. We sent off the happy couple but it also seemed like a final, perfect goodbye to 2016. 

Thank you for extending Christmas just a bit longer so that I could share all these photos and memories. I guess it's time to pack up the tree and eat all the holiday candy.

But for now I'll just stick to eating the candy.

SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.