I can't tell if this face is cute or more along the lines of "Omg I'm about to kill the neighbors because they bought everything in the freaking Phantom Fireworks store."
Your call.
Either way, HAPPY FOURTH! May the fireworks be ever in your favor. I feel like the Fourth of July is one holiday I'm pretty constant about, as far as blog posts are related. Which is ironic because I like a whole slew of other holidays (Valentines, Christmas, Summer Solstice)(National Donut Day) way more than July 4th.
I'm had serious issue with the fireworks this year. Probably because our new neighbors seemed to not care about the fact that the rest of us have ear drums that we would like to stay intact. 93 million people didn't vote last election, but they're all proud to display their patriotism in the form of pyrotechnics come July. Idk, I have kind of an issue with this.
But mostly, I'm tired of sitting in my closet with earplugs in! But that's just me.
Our Fourth of July weekend began on Sunday with Chipolte and a shark movie. An interesting combo due to a lot of screaming and crying (mostly from me) because apparently shark bites bring out my best movie theater behavior. It was great though, Blake Livley always slays and it even inspired us to watch Jaws the next morning!
(I'll have you know, I only cried once in that.)
Before we donned our swimsuits and graced the pool party with our presence, we tried to get some cute photos. But have you ever been outside in July, fully clothed, in hot and humid Florida? Me neither apparently because wow. We may look good in these photos but there was a lot of effort, sweating and filters involved here.
America isn't perfect. We have hate crimes and discrimination, we have pathetic politicians who represent us poorly and skewed social agendas. But we also have things like hamburgers and milkshakes and respect and freedom of speech and the right to worship. We have Friday night football, white picket fences and, best of all, an incredible history.
And so, here is to hope. For America, and also for our neighbors to tone it down next year. And a Happy 4th of July to all and to all the puppies, you made it through one of the most traumatic days of the year.
FOURTHS OF THE PAST...


No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.