Graduated-ish

HOLY CANOLI! I graduated High School in the most homeschooled way possible!

How? I'm sure you're curious. No I didn't walk down the aisle in a denim skirt and you're right, I'm not one out of 10 siblings who all happen to be proficient in greek, latin and violin. But we homeschool kids have this joke that we never know what grade we are in. Someone may look like a simple tenth grader, but don't be fooled. They're actually still finishing up last years algebra and they're three years ahead in literature...so don't judge a book by it's cover or by a homeschooler and what grade they're in.

So anyway, I graduated from high school, threw my cap into the air and got emotional about school ending...a week before finals.


This picture makes me so happy. Our mothers are best friends, we've grown up five minutes away from one another, we've been on field trips and actual trips and my first sleepover was at their house! He literally drove me everywhere for like 10 years when I refused to get my license, and even let me choose what we listened too once or twice. I cried a little when he gave his speech. Even though I'm three days older, my little brother isn't so little at all!
I just have to say that if my experience with saying yes to the graduation dress is any indication of how it will be when I go shopping for my wedding dress...I'm never getting married. Because wow! First of all, i placed a ridiculous amount of significance on one dress but on the other hand, I love dresses! And at that, I have a lot. So this one needed to be special. 

(And for once, need is not a relative term.) 

After buying 3 and trying on at least 20 others, I settled for this one. And I use settled very loosely because I love it a whole lot. It was comfortable and classy and I looked like a senators wife. Speaking of senators, check out my best friend! My best friend who I literally tell EVERYTHING but we've only hung out twice lol. Life is funny, so is Jonathan and I didn't even trip on stage in those $20 shoes that happened to go well with my ridiculously overpriced dress.

It isn't every day your boss speaks at your graduation. It isn't every day that you pick which tie goes better with the grey pants for your best friends dad. It isn't every day that you get to feel this loved and this special.

Many thanks to the incredible people in my life who have helped me reach this point. My opening prayer, well it still rings true. I'm incredibly grateful God gave my parents the heart to homeschool me and sacrificed so, so much for me to walk across that stage...a week before finals.

So you can continue to pray for me and deliver chocolate at my doorstep, because I've got one final date with High school and you can bet it's gonna be a darn good one. 


PHOTOS: 90% by @imsarahchristine who is the best human ever
DRESS: Lilly Pulitzer
SHOES: Target haha
GOOD FRIENDS: All mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on graduating!(and perfect dress choice) I graduate in a week and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! oh gosh this had me all emotional over when i graduated (which was forever ago (ha, 2 yrs) seriously forever) but SO TRUE. graduation doesn't happen everyday! you go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.