Broken thumbs are dumb // part two

PART TWO....
I broke my thumb on a very cold Thursday. I had just come from class and Jenna was with me. We stopped at the corner $tore for water bottles and then headed to practice. And then an hour later we were huddled in the dugout, hiding from the aggressive winds and filling up the camera roll with photos of my now very irregular looking thumb.

At first, no one believed that  I had  broken my thumb! I didn't really either actually. It was so unimpressive, a ball just hit it and then I said ow and then 10 minutes later it still hurt just as much. I didn't even cry! My mom was really proud.

For those of you who are passionately curious about thumbs and how they break (or mine, in particular.) it was a clean break down the middle, that split my thumb in half lengthwise to the first knuckle.

Gross right? And silly old me too! I mean, I was half expecting to break my thumb texting, so you can imagine my surprise.

More after the jump!




DAY TWO: Broken or not broken, that is the question.
Let us mourn the  purple splint (my favorite!) and the fact that my hair is not in dread locks like it is now. It took me exactly 26 days to figure out how to properly manhandle the curling iron with only my left hand. Moral of the story: no hair tutorial videos for a good long while. Sorry beloved subscribers!


DAY TWO: Saying sionaarra to two fully functioning hands.
First of all, on a scale of one to I won an oscar, how proud of me are you for taking this photo myself?! Don't ask how or why or anything, mere details my friend! You can basically just call me Leo...but we are talking about broken thumbs not academy awards so excuse my tangent.

You can't see it extremely well, but my thumb was actually a nice shade of healthy purple but for the sake of aesthetics I had to post it with a filter and well, you know. ;)

DAY FIVE - Happy get your thumb cut open day!
I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself. I didn't cry when I broke my thumb and Surgery didn't phase me. Is this what being a big kid feels like? My dear angel Trish sent me off with a hug and equally  angelic Sarah greeted me after with a teddy bear of both the hug and stuffed variety and also a pack of gum! And then my mother took very good care of me and you know, surgery isn't so bad after all!.

DAY NINE TO INFINITY- The little splint that could!
This thing cracks me up. It's also kind of annoying and now has disgusting amounts of chocolate, butter and jam in the cracks and crevices but what's a girl to do? Give up food all for a thumb?

Never.

2 comments:

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.