A few things I've learned

 From September:

Well, I officially did it! No new clothing for a whole month! My parents and my wallet thanked me tremendously. I've resisted a LOT but I've known I've needed too, so it worked out. Here's what I've learned:

1. There will ALWAYS be something new you will want, so get over the sold out peplum top.
(which I don't even remember now!)

2. Old Navy is from the devil. So are the crazy amount of add emails they send.

3. Spend your month finding DIY clothing projects to make...it seems totally different shopping for DIY clothes. Which it isn't. I like to ignore reality sometimes.

4. Browse expensive websites, ones you know you REALLY can't afford. (okay, some might advise not doing this, but for me, it gets my mind of the $23 dollar dress I want.)

5. That trends don't really matter. (DUH!) I'm sorry, but I love colored jeans. And I will still get some. Even if they go out of style 2.6 seconds later. I still love 'em.

I think that's it. I don't learn very quick apparently! Have you gone clothing free for a while (I mean buying free? Please, I don't advise the previous.) If you have gone buying free, do you have any tips for staying on track? I'd love to know your thoughts.

Xoxo,
Clothed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.