Make your own: Ombre Shirt

 When I first saw a neon ombre shirt, I knew I had to make one. I can take neon in small doses, and ombre is just the way to do it! I wanted to do it relatively cheaply, so I picked up this shirt on sale at Target for $6 (Although, regular price is only $8!) And I will say that normally I don't wear v-necks, but I thought it worked for this. It made me feel a little weird, but hey. Let's call it expanding my horizons. An expansion of about 2 inches.

Anyhow, let's get on with it!
First gather these things, along with one cup of water. You also might want to use a different bottle than the one the Tumble Dye comes with - I found it didn't work so well. (And yes, Angela Merkel is really excited, Germany loves neon too!)

ONE: Spread out your shirt on the newspaper (you may want to layer a plastic bag under it, just in case there are any drips) 2: Begin spraying the shirt. You can start at the top or bottom. THREE: Add 1/2 - 1 tablespoon water to the dye. Shake it so it mixes. 4: Spray a little further down, about 3 inches. 5: Repeat steps 3 & 4 (as many times as you like). Let the shirt dry COMPLETELY. 6: Set the dye by drying the shirt in the dryer (you needed me to tell you this) for 20 minutes!

Oh, and if you happen to photograph your obmre adventure, maybe take a look at what's on the newspaper before hand. Just in case you happen to not notice the lady in a bikini cheering on your ombre adventures.

But, I really don't speak from personal experience.  Those hearts are really just there to show my love for neon. And my un-love for other things....(See above.)

Happy Neoning....if that is such a thing!
XOXO, Kryn


5 comments:

  1. Wow! great tutorial. I've always wanted to know how to do these!

    -Hannah Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I'd love to try it one day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! OH! YOU are the Ferweh contributor that I tried soo hard to find?!! Noo way!! I'm so glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.