The Lip Issue

I started playing the clarinet this week. Well no, I didn't. I started attempting to play the clarinet. I'm no expert, but it must take a while to make the clarinet actually make music. Sure, I make noise. But music? You and I wish.

One of the many things I didn't know about the clarinet, and clarinetting* for that matter, is that your lips really don't enjoy the whole process. I've played it just about 4 hours over the past 2 days and my lips feel like they are going to fall off. And that hurts. I don't think I'd want to see anyone lip-less, much less myself, but sadly band continues 4 days a week for 4 weeks.....oh my poor lips.

Oh and another thing, I feared that when I started playing the clarinet I might end up looking like a certain Sponge Bob character....
 I know you fear him too. I really have serious fears of looking like this, all weird and scary and blue.  But looking at the shape of his lips, his embouchure is totally off. Actually, he does not really have lips....the clarinet is a dangerous instrument.

I still need to name my clarinet. How about Lippy?

XOXO,
Lippy-Skippy

*Clarinetting is a word! You didn't know?!?! Maybe because I invented it 30 seconds ago.

3 comments:

  1. HI! I am Gianna, a new blogger! I would love for you to come visit me, and maybe become one of my first few followers! I'm also hosting a contest at the moment, you should totally enter!
    xoxo,
    Gianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did your mom say you should name your clarinet? Didn't she say you should name it? I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to play the clarinet, and it used to murder my lips too xD

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.