I found out today that National Donut day is, actually celebrated! Most celebrations are sadly overlooked - but who could overlook doughnuts?! Dunkin' and Krispy were getting their celebration (and free doughnut) on. Today after our rock climbing (Which thankfully went better than my diving attempts!) we headed into unknown territory: doughnut land.
I for one love just about anything sweet. My family, not so much. Dad and Kj prefer steak any day to a doughnut. But we actually went and got doughnuts! It was pretty miraculous. We went to Dunkin' doughnuts...with my dad...which is a pretty big deal. My dad sort of unfairly hates it due to people messing up traffic trying to rush for their morning supply of coffee and doughnuts. But we braved it. I got a chocolate little lovely covered in sprinkle stars. I always forget it, but I love doughnuts. With all of my heart. Although it might seem pathetic to forget something you love.
On a side note (although this whole blog is kind of side note) when I was little and we would play LIFE, I would always be the policeman because they had doughnuts. Isn't that the most important part after all?
Sincerely,
My donut was a Chocolate Einstein.
Ps: donut or doughnut? I guess it is donut. I admit doughnut defeat.
PPS: I am still having good Friday's. In fact, no picture, but here are the good things
dairy free milk // new piano // cake pops in the park// stripes and floral // getting good workouts // mail days // almost ready blog design // online exploring
They do look a little less glamorous without a picture don't they? That is, if they ever were glamorous. What are some good things that happened to you this week? XOXO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Donut day! That made me smile!! Ah, I love trips to the bakery, or the donut store. I love the smell of pastries, too! And I love that list of good things! I might just try that on some of my blogposts some time :)
ReplyDelete