H-O-M-E


One week till warm weather!
One week until iced coffee instead of hot.
One week until palm trees instead of falling leaves.
one week till home!


 I've been thinking a lot about what home means. I'm pretty sure everyone has this same introspective struggle at some point. The first day that my phone routed me "home", and by home I mean back to campus, I cried a little inside. Where is home? Florida? My dorm room? (TBH I actually live in the library now so that's it.) 

Coming to Texas, I definitely had expectations that this state would feel instantly like home. And when it didn't, I was confused. If Florida doesn't seem like home and Texas doesn't really either....where is it? Did I pick the wrong state- what am I missing?

At the beginning of the semester I spent a lot of time praying about feeling settled here in Texas And while God has done an amazing work in that area, He's also said a flat out NO. Because think about it, we weren't destined or destined to live in this sin-filled world. This wasn't His intent for us. No matter whee we are on earth, getting settled to some degree always requires with settling in with the sin that permeates our world.

Maybe the reason we've can't figure out where Home is or what it feels like is because we've actually never been. We've spent our entire lives trying to build up a framework of what we think it should be like, but we are yet to experience being at home with Him.



I'm excited to go home - to Florida and my mom and the 80 degree weather! I'm also excited because it's encouraging to know that wherever I end up on earth, I always have a home waiting for me.

(let's just hope it's 80 degrees in Heaven too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.