It's hard to complain about a year like this. Because even though it was incredibly hard, it was equally necessary. A painful cleansing, if you will. And even though the between the two is very blurry at times, I'll respect the fact that this blog isn't a full blown emo diary (yet!) and instead talk about the very good things that 2016 brought me. These are just some of the things that brought a little joy to my day
Hashbrowns are 100% involved.
1. Most likely to smell delicious: PEACH ANYTHING
Like we all know the implications of the peach emoji but 2016 was my year for PEACH EVERYTHING. I got this eyeshadow palette for my senior photos, which didn't even prove to be necessary because I can't blend eyeshadow to save my life. And then I discovered the peach tea at Starbucks and idk, it was all down hill from there. (and by downhill I mean that one time the barista gave me 3 free boxes of tea so...?)
2. Best dressed: GREAT GATSBY.
We read, reported on and gave speeches on the Great Gatsby. It was the final book I read for highschool literature and it left quite the impression. I will never be fully able to articulate how incredible The Great Gatsby is and that is a very frustrating but accurate fact. I was not expecting to enjoy it so much, but honestly, F. Scott Fitzgerald is a WORD WIZARD and that book is breathtaking in every respect. If you get the chance, please read it.
The movie, though different from the book, is brilliant in it's own way. I read "So We Read On", which is a book about The Great Gatsby and the color palette of our Christmas tree somehow ended up mirroring that of the Gatsby cover. 2016 wasn't a glamorous year, but it was a Gatsby year so that should account for something, and hopefully make up for the fact that I spend 80% of the year in gym shorts.
3.) Late Bloomer Award: BOUGAINVILLEA BE MINE.
Legit obsessed with all the Bougainvillea around me. Florida, thank you for being perpetually beautiful and in wild, vivid bloom. You have no idea how many times I pulled over to take photos of these flowers. ("Sorry I'm late! Traffic was terrible....but the flowers were better.")



No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.