Prom is almost, but not quite, a bad word in homeschool communities. Like it's okay to say gosh and darn but don't get mothers started on the P-word. Dancing that isn't 18th century style? Music other than Chris Tomlin? Lemonade...on the rocks?
You can imagine why I use the term "Prom" very loosely here.
It was such a fun dance! I danced a lot. And thankfully there are no videos so I can safely say I'm a great dancer and there is no evidence to prove otherwise. By the end of the night, my strapless bra had failed me 3 times, I learned 3 new dances and basically became friends with everyone there. Success for this social butterfly!
If your mom says it's okay, click the jump to see more (conservative, modest, homeschooled) prom photos. I promise, I was home in bed by 11.
Oh, how I love these people... Even if they forgot to pass along the "Wear purple or else" memo. And on that note, my dress was politically correct so there's that!
I've been getting better about not taking photos! Which is a funny thing to say but sometimes, and at certain events, I get obsessed with taking photos and getting the shot just right and it all spirals from there. I didn't even snapchat once that night; That's how you know I was having a good time.
BFF andy crashed prom in the last hour which was, no doubt, the highlight of the night! Also the photoshoot in front of McDonalds at 1 am was pretty great too, despite the fact that the drive thru customers were not too amused.
The DJ didn't play my request and they had unsweet tea instead of sweet (???) but all in all, it was a good night with all my favorite pals. It didn't seem quite as fun when I had to get up at 4:30 for work the next morning, but it was a realistic way to end high school and a nice foray into ADULTHOOD.
Guys, I'm screwed.
2014 DANCE: I didn't go
2015 DANCE: I went. (i also went overboard with my eyebrows.)
DRESS CREDS: Fiore Boutique
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Looks like a blast! Also, your dress is amazing.
ReplyDelete