SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS
PLUS FIVE MOTHERS.
Amen.
This show was layers upon layers of stress. First there was the fact that I didn't get a great part, because I was too tall! Which is a funny thing, but then again, so is all of life. Then half of my 10 lines were cut and my solo was stripped from my fingertips. Alas, the sadness! My costume never fit right and in-between every scene of every single one of the seven shows was a frantic dash to fix the crinoline and adjust the safety pins.
And finally.
The day I pulled into the parking lot for the final performance, the end so plainly in sight....I backed into a trailer. Which didn't seem too terrible until I pulled forward,
And my bumper didn't come with me.
Of course, at the end of the day (or semester at least) I'm glad I did it. Character building through and through, you know! But I ended up meeting a great vocal coach who I love and my singing has improved 1000x because of it and I had the opportunity to spend intentional time with younger girls and I DIDNT EVEN GET SICK!!!! So God is good.
Praying for wisdom on how to break the news about the car.
Bless your beautiful pie!
and to all a good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.