A GUIDE TO MOODS AND MOVIES

I'll be honest, I'm not a movie junkie or obsessed or anything, but there is a rare moment in time when the mood strikes, and I watch like 50 movies in one day. There is no middle ground. So! That prompted me to do what I (theoretically) do best....a blog post!

KRYN'S GUIDE TO MOODS AND MOVIES:
Your mood. Your movie. You decide.

MOOD// You were blissfully unaware of the fact that your pants were inside out....until your crush pointed it out.

MOVIE// Princess Diaries! 
Watch #1 if you're needing a self esteem boost (you may not be a princess, but you're probably not as awkward as Mia Thermopolis) and #2 if you love a good love triangle (How is it that Mia got 2 guys to fall in love with her....and I can't even get a cat to look at me?)
                        _______________________________________________________

MOOD// Questioning the existence of God, maturity and flying monkeys.

MOVIE// Bruce Almighty!
Beware, if you have a sense of humor similar to that of an 8 year old, this movie might make you laugh uncontrollably. You have been warned. Side effects of laughing too hard include trouble breathing, panting, peeing, and unexpected abs.

                        _______________________________________________________

MOOD// Another friend got engaged.

MOVIE// Safe Haven.
Progression of thoughts while watching: "Not all marriages work!! See, this is a great movie! Oh wait, she falling in love with a cute guy.....now they're slow dancing...now they're, well never mind! Darn, I guess everybody does find love after all. Thankfully I have nutella, that's the same kind of thing."


MOOD// You stepped in gum, got dumped, or the waiter took your food before you were finished.

MOVIE// Bourne Identity.
I will never tire of seeing Jason Bourne run around Europe in that terrible turtleneck (God rest those threads.) Also, I suggest keeping the mute button handy, as the sound of snapping necks is not one that leaves quickly.
______________________________________________

MOOD// Craving the innocence of childhood....and all the snack foods that come along with it.

M O V I E// Monsters University
One time I was being held hostage, and I had exhausted all options of entertainment. So I reluctantly watched this, this movie with animated creatures and multicolored beings....and it was good! So next time you find yourself in a hostage situation (I mean an 8 hour flight...) look no further than our weirdly shaped friends.
                                    ______________________________________________

MOOD// You just watched all 3 versions of Pride and Prejudice, googled Colin Firth multiple times and joined a Jane Austen fan club page on Facebook....now what?

MOVIE// North and South.
It's got all the goodness of those Jane Austen classics (men in suits. men with manners. men in general.)....but without the emotional commitment. Two things to take note of: spellbinding Scottish accents and Downton Abbey characters before they were Downton Abbey characters. Worth your time, I promise.


There you have it! Kryn's guide to moods and movies, sponsored by procrastination! These movies are best enjoyed when watched on a cold day, and while wearing pajamas (preferably the footie variety.) and when you're avoiding piles of laundry, homework or bills (depending on which stage of life you're at.)

2 comments:

  1. 4/6 gold stars, this absolutely calls for a movie marathon the next time we get together… and an unhealthy amount of food. and just to let you know, this made me miss you a lot because it has YOU written all. over. it. okay, i'm gonna go finish chemistry now…. xoxojana p.s. MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAH remember that night we attempted to watch Safe Haven?!?!

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.