Christmas, in NYC!


My biggest regret in life is not being signed up for dance lessons at 3 months old. I've ALWAYS wanted to be a dancer of some kind (jazz, ballet, hip hop! whatever!) but it never happened (no matter how much I tried!) I had, for the most part, laid my dance dreams to rest but OH MAN. As the Rockettes kicked and tapped and danced my only thoughts were along the lines of  "I should be on stage, not sitting in this seat! I can get my leg that high, right!? YEAH!" (ahem, I can't).

After the show was over, I googled the height limit and found out that I was 1/4 of an inch too short. Which was sad! But it was also kind of a relief because at least I felt like my entire childhood hadn't been wasted by not taking dance, I wouldn't have been a rockette anyhow. Darn you, genetics!

So since I can't be a Rockette, I'll just have to settle for being the Rockettes biggest fan!

(but I'm still working on my kicks....just in case they change the height requirement! I mean, it IS the 21st century after all!)


I can't even tell you how glorious it felt to witness something as wonderful as the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Besides having my room redone by Ty Pennington, seeing the Rockettes in person was one of my first childhood dreams. And I have now! With my own eyes! Blessed and blissful doesn't even begin to describe it.

You know those moments where you want to freeze time and just sit back for a bit and take in how wonderful life is?

Christmas in NYC was one of those times.


4 comments:

  1. Oh girl, you should have let me stow away in your suitcase!!! That looks like so much fun!
    Love you, baeritto!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweet all the lights and colors and everything. what a sight! (and are you serious about your bedroom and ty pennington??!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful city! Great post and pictures! By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! There's a post about it here:http://thepreppyequestrian.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award-n-stuff.html

    xo HK

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.