An ode to fruits who've gone before us (watermelon lemonade!!!)

I'm contantly begging to buy fruits for epic desserts. You know, lemon semifredo, blackberry cobbler and the list goes on and on. But the even longer list is all the fruits that have gone bad since I was too lazy to make it.

For the record, this happened yesterday. I have a really bad track record of wasting fruit. Such talent I possess! This is clearly going to take me far in life.


So this lemonade, I USED TWO FRUITS THAT DID NOT GO BAD. Ha! Take that, all you 50 different kinds of exotic fruit that now sit in some lonely dump, decomposing into goodness knows. So then, they were all redeemed by this lemonade that is fab for guzzling when you happen to live in the sweltering state, and your ac is broken....IN JULY.

Watermelon Lemonade. Serves 5 (ahem, or one. But really, I wouldn't know.....)

1 lb watermelon,
2 oz lemon juice
1.5 oz agave &
4 oz water 

To make it:  blend everything together in your blender, then strain it through a fine mesh strainer. Pour into pineapple cups. Striped straws optional but highly encouraged.




Enjoy guzzling/sipping/drinking normally or whatever you fancy! Have you made any fancy lemonades??

XOXO,
Lemonade freakazoid.

(kinda sorta.)

(okay fine, totally.)

1 comment:

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.