Tissue Paper Christmas Trees


I've started decorating my room. Our family is not really into decorations. It's just not their thing. Which is totally fine - but I love decorating for Christmas. This year I am going to make my beautiful bedroom as Christmasy as possible. Then I can enjoy Christmas decorations and everyone else wont have to bother with putting as many up. It works out.

Enough Jibberish. Today's Pink Christmas Craft?

Tissue Paper Christmas trees of course!

First, gather these things: Tissue Paper, A Styrofoam cup, one piece of printer paper, scissors and you'll need a TON of hot glue (I used almost 3 sticks for this.)
Roll the paper into sort of a tepee looking' thing. Glue it so it wont come un done. Then glue it on to the cup - the cup should come about halfway up the cone.
Cut All your tissue paper into pieces this size. They do not need to be exact (and clearly mine is not) but just around this size.
Grab the center of the paper and gather it.
And twist the ends like this.
Then flatten it so you have a cute little flowery thing.
And then glue it on to the cup/paper. Repeat this about 1000 times. (Have to point out the foil bokeh!)

I will tell you that this does take a bit of time. It is not hard at all, but it takes quite alot of tissue to cover the whole thing. This would be a great thing to do while watching TV - this craft does not require serious concentration.It takes a little while...(Look at the bokeh!)
But eventually victory will be yours!I put mine on a cute little shelf my by door. I love the texture of the tree - it is so poofy!

Enjoy! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That's so cute! I'll try making that as soon as we have some more tissue paper! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just adorable? I am going to try different sizes and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes! That's a great idea! When we get some more tissue paper, I'll try one that's orange!

    ReplyDelete

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.