Pom
Pom's always make me laugh. Because it was Pom-poms that made mom hate girl scouts and want to be a cub scout....
Moving on! I usually put up a sweet little tree in my room every year. However it is green. Not that I am anti tradition, but green is not my thing. I really wanted a white one. But since I
wasn't about to fork over the money, and one never fell out of the sky, I just decided to use the green normal, not my color tree and dress it up.
And that is just what I did.

I made this sweet little garland with pom poms and bows. It makes my green tree look way cute.
First, the pom poms. I didn't know how to make these until a little while ago, so I will first show you how to make them and then the garland.

Start by wrapping your embroidery floss (or thin yarn) around your pointer and middle finger. (These are small pom poms, if you want bigger ones, wrap it around another finger.)

Wrap it around until you have about this much. If you want a bit fuller of a pom pom, wrap some more. Cut the string.

Now cut a piece of thread about 8 inches long. (Okay, you should have done this before.) This is sort of tricky. The thread needs to come through your 2 fingers. To get it through, I usually push it with scissors It really is the most effective way, even though it sounds sort of weird. If you don't want to use those, try a pen.

So it should look like this. Then pull it all the way through.

And now your thread should be in between both fingers.

Slide it down and pull it so it wraps around the back of the wrapped thread.

Tie a knot. Make sure it is loose enough that you can slip it of your fingers....which is the next step.

Once it is off your fingers, tie it in another knot. Then you will have a sweet little bow. I used a few bows on my garland, so for a few of these you could stop at this point.

To make your fluffy lovely pom pom, snip ALL the loops on each end of the bow/cornucopia/
lookin' thing.

Then trim the ends so it is even. Sort of flatten it before you do this, it will help make everything look a bit more even.

And then you should (hopefully) have a cute fluffy little pom pom!
Now for the garland. I'm not posting a step by step, Because I'm guessing you will figure out what I mean when I say "All I did was glue the pom poms onto string."

And here is the finished product looking lovely on my green/sort of my color tree.
wow! that's so cute!
ReplyDeletewow! that's so cute!
ReplyDeleteDouble thank you!
ReplyDeleteI don't know why it did double of that comment...woops!
ReplyDeleteSometimes I do it to, I don't know why it happens! :)
ReplyDeleteI think I accedently pressed 'PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT' twice or something.
ReplyDelete