No Orange, no problem

This day was so easy. It was too easy. You see, it's No orange clothes day. I don't own anything orange. Absolutely nothing. I have no idea why. I guess when I'm shopping I gravitate towards pinks and blues and grey. Orange and I have a love/hate relationship. I associate many things with Orange. For example, Orange is kind of a spooky color fire, scary jack-o-lanterns. But then the other side of Orange is good, rainbows, flowers, Popsicles...good stuff. So it's hard for me to decide whether I like it or not. But regardless, I wore no orange.

Here is a story about orange:

A long time ago we were painting our bathroom. Woot. But my parents are very bad about picking colors. They just cant decide which one. So I, a lovely HGTV watching 7 year old, intervened. The bathroom ended up pumpkin orange. Much to my parents disgust and my delight. 2 years ago we painted it Key Lime. I am sad. The orange was so vibrant and groovy. It made me happy. There are still specks of orange on the toilet paper dispenser. I morn for it each morning. And I'll spare you from any more details. :)

This has nothing to do with wearing orange, but today I helped my grandma set up her VBS room. I'm going to be an angel in a skit. I've said "Do NOT be afraid" about a thousand times today. Don't be afraid. And she really chose a horrible person to be an angel. I'm certainly not one. But I get to wear this groovy halo. I am so pleased. I have always wanted one.

The W's were supposed to come over today. They ended up not coming. Its probably a good thing anyway. If they were wearing orange, I would have pinched them. And my pinches can be very painful if properly executed. They are very lucky. I know they have orange in their wardrobe. That would have been a very unlucky day for them.

Sincerely,
Do NOT be afraid

PS: I don't get why its no orange day. I think it should be no navy blue clothes. That should apply to boys too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PS: I love your comments. And you. And for that matter, chocolate milk too.